FAQ ABOUT CLASSES
- I'VE NEVER TAKEN AN AERIAL CLASSES BEFORE, WHERE SHOULD I START?
We recommend you start with any of our beginner classes, offered in Intro to Aerial, Aerial Silks, and Aerial Hoop. If the mere thought of going up into the air seems daunting right now, then take our Aerial Yoga class. This gentle introduction to aerial fitness is a great way to start building up your comfort levels and getting used to being upside down. You may also find that taking one of our stretching or conditioning classes will help you jump-start your body and get it in the best shape.
- HOW DO I SIGN UP FOR A CLASS?
- Reservations are required for all of our classes. To sign up for classes please use our online booking system. Once you have registered, you can use our system to book your classes. You can also use the system to cancel classes, and see how many visits you have left on your account.
- WHAT SHOULD I WEAR TO MY CLASS?
We recommend wearing tight fitting, flexible clothes. Yoga pants, tight sweat pants, or running tights work perfectly. Avoid wearing tank tops, as some of the skills may cause chaffing or friction burns under the arms. Similarly, shorts are not advised. The main areas you will want covered are behind the knees, around the waist, and around the armpits.
You will be asked to remove all large rings, necklaces, earrings, piercings, etc, for your own safety and the safety of others in your class. Use of vision correcting glasses is left up to the student, but Fl’air Studios can’t take responsibility for broken or damaged glasses.
- WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT IN CLASS?
We’re looking forward to giving you a fun, exciting, and intense workout! If it is your first time at Fl’air studios please arrive 15-20 minutes before your class so you can fill out the necessary paperwork, get a brief tour of the studio, and be introduced to your instructor. For returning students, please keep in mind that you should be ready to go (already changed), by your class time.
Most of our classes follow a similar structure. First, we will start with a warm-up to prepare the body for the upcoming class. Then we will work on various skills and progressions on the apparatus. Finally, we will finish with some conditioning and stretching.
- WHAT AMENITIES DO YOU HAVE AT YOUR STUDIO?
As our facility was recently renovated, we have brand new heating, changing rooms, toilets, and of course, a custom engineered rigging structure. We will provide all necessary equipment for your class (yoga blocks, mats, elastic bands, etc).
Also, we have a variety of drinks and an espresso machine to give you a boost before, or help you relax after your workout. Feel free to grab a coffee and relax in our small lounge area before or after your class. Headed straight into work after one of our classes? Not a problem, bring your towel and supplies and we have a shower you can use here.
- Any student arriving more than ten (10) minutes past the scheduled start time of a class may be refused entry to the class without refund. Because the warm up is a very important part of keeping your body safe, we do this for your safety and out of respect for other students who arrived on time.
- Please arrive 5/10 minutes before your class so there is sufficient time to change your clothes, pay for your class, etc. If you would like to save time, you can also purchase your class online by using our online booking system.
- Only water is allowed on the studio floor, but only in non-glass containers (plastic, metal, etc).
- Please do not coach other students in your class, if you have questions feel free to ask your instructor for more information or clarification.
- No street shoes are allowed on the studio floor, but socks and ballet/dance type shoes are.