About Aerial Silks
Aerial Silks (also known as fabric, tissue, or vertikaltuch) is a beautiful and challenging form of aerial art and fitness. These two long strands of fabric look stunning, but take a lot of strength and coordination to master. But with our coaches and your determination, we can achieve a lot!
If this is your first time on aerial silks, please sign up for one of our Intro to Aerial Silks Classes. In our Beginner Aerial Silks class you will already need to know several climbs and poses. If you have done aerial silks before, please send us a message or give us a call so we can figure out which class will be best for you!
Most people realize that aerial arts and fitness are a challenge physically, but they are also challenging for the mind. Being able to push yourself physically while still being able to think logically and remember the various steps and choreography is something you will learn in your classes.
In our Intro classes we will start with the essential building blocks and prepare you for other skills. There are some basic climbs and basic poses that, when mastered, open up so many possibilities. Our Beginner Silks class will build upon these essential skills and further develop them into a variety of poses and moves. Intermediate students will learn some of these more advanced skills while also increasing stamina through various flows and choreographies. We will focus on building solid technique and beautiful movements to incorporate into your own short routine. More advanced classes will work on incorporating more challenging poses and drops, while also focusing on artistry and musicality. As with our other aerial classes, we will begin with a short warmup before we take to the skies, and finish with some conditioning and stretching.
Key Benefits of Aerial Fitness
- Strengthen and tone muscles
- Increase body awareness and muscle control
- Better self-confidence and body-image
- Improved focus and concentration
- Sweet Instagram pics and the envy of your friends
- This class can be booked as a one-time workout, or you can book multiple classes for a better discount. Please make a reservation so you’re guaranteed a spot.
- Please read our FAQ for more details about clothing, our studio, etc. Or send us an email and we’ll be happy to fill you in.
- Students arriving more than ten minutes late may not be admitted to the class (without refund). This is for your safety and that of the other students.