About Aerial Yoga
fl’AIR Yoga combines classical yoga elements with aerial and gymnastic exercises. The result is a balanced body training with guaranteed play and fun. Using the help of gravity we can find the right balance between strength, flexibility, levity, and relaxation for the workout.
By using the fabric (in the shape of a hammock) even beginners can reach and hold positions that are normally attainable only for those with much more experience and practice in yoga and flexibility. But the fabric used in fl’AIR Yoga also allows those with experience to expand their repertoire and to find harder and more complicated positions, pushing their endurance and balance.
A specialty in aerial yoga are inversions, in which the body hangs upside down and the muscles, tissues, bones, and organs are released from their usual position. As a result, tension dissolves and leaves you feeling completely refreshed. This is particularly interesting for students or professionals who spend most of their time seated. While seated, the spine can become compressed or twisted and hips closed and jammed. The ability to invert and relax will free your spine from compressions and help correct poor posture, allowing you to lead a happier and healthier daily life.
Finally, acrobatic elements like handstands and other more intense balances and strength poses, can also be practiced through in aerial yoga. The fabric will help hold your weight while you gain confident in your body’s balance and alignment.
Key Benefits of fl'AIR Yoga
- Strengthen and lengthen muscles
- Improve core strength and balance
- Deep stretches and relaxation by utilizing gravity
- Release of tension from the spine and joints
- Strengthening of the circulatory system
- A unique and fun class!
- This class can be booked as a one-time workout, or you can book multiple classes for a better discount. Please make a reservation so you’re guaranteed a spot.
- Please read our FAQ for more details about clothing, our studio, etc. Or send us an email and we’ll be happy to fill you in.
- Students arriving more than ten minutes late may not be admitted to the class (without refund). This is for your safety and that of the other students.